The of the FCS saves all individual versions of a fact. The diff-function allows you to compare two versions.
In order to compare two versions, proceed as follows:
(1) Click on "history" in the meta data of the fact or in the infobox in the options area (left column).
(2) Now, you see the fact-archive which shows all versions of the respective fact. Choose the versions you want to compare by clicking on the radio buttons on the right side.
The links on the right side are used for quick selection:
cur = compare with the most recent version
first = compare with the first version
prev = compare with the previous version
(3) Click on "compare selected versions".
(4) The versions are displayed next to each other. Changes are highlighted for each paragraph.
green = This paragraph was added
yellow = Changes have been made in this paragraph
red = This paragraph was deleted
(5) Before the chart of comparison of versions are placed three options. Choosing one affects in which mode you will see the comparison:
(6) Next to the name of the version are placed buttons for "next/previous" denoted as arrows in the comparison chart. By clicking on them you can change the version of the fact compared.
Please, note that unpublished version of a fact can be also compared to the previous factversions.
(7) Bellow the comparison of versions for the content of the fact is placed the comparison of the permissions for the both versions of the fact.
(8) If you want to return to the fact-archive, click on the arrow at the very top of the page on the left side.