The content Downloads offers the possibility to store files that have been created with another software application (eg. Microsoft Word, Excel).
If you want to upload a new, updated version of a file, proceed as follows:
A) Download the file from the platform
(1) You have two possibilities:
(a) Navigate to the folder where the file you want to edit is located. Highlight the respective file by clicking in the checkbox on the right side.
(b) Open the existing download-fact in the main window.
(2) Depending on which possibility you chose in step 1, proceed as follows:
(a) Click on "edit" at the bottom of the list.
(b) Click on "edit" next to the title of the file. Alternatively, you can click on "edit" in the box "Edit functions" in the options area (left column).
(3) Below the input field for title, you can see a link to the current file.
(4) Click on the file-link with the right mouse button.
(5) Click on "Save target as".
(6) Save the file on the hard drive of your computer.
(7) Edit the file on your computer and save the changes on your hard drive.
B) Upload updated file to the platform
(8) Insert the updated file in the input field "File data" of the input mask which you opened before.
(9) Click on "next >>".
(10) Choose the permissions.
(11) Click on the "Preview" button to check your input.
(a) If you want to change anything, click on edit.
(b) If you are satisfied with the preview, click on "publish".